Friday, February 25, 2011

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's Bridal Look for Less

The late Carolyn Bessette is a fashion icon of mine. Regardless of politics (I'm more moderate to conservative), this woman has been a big influence with fashion and not just with me, but in general. In my opinion, her wedding gown showed brides that they did not have to wear a big poofy wedding dress just because that's what the standard was. Keep in mind, I had a princessy, big-skirted dress--I set out to find a simple sheath, but wound up falling in love with the one I ultimately wore.

Carolyn's bridal look from her friend Narciso Rodriguez (photo by Dennis Reggie)
The look for less version from Zappos for $190

Pair it with strappy white sandals like these from RSVP Caprice shoes via Zappos for $50


No comments:

Post a Comment